Saturday, December 17, 2011

Try this out if you have a bike

This is useful for track bikes, fixies, single speeds, and or any bicycle that doesn’t have a kick stand.
I made this stand since I got tired of leaning the bike on random objects in the garage lol. I got the idea from a dude on YouTube when I was surfin’ and it holds pretty good! and I only used basic parts I got at Lowes, all PVC pipes. I thought I would share since I too learn from the interwebs myself.

what you need:
(*This application is mainly for track bikes that have skinny tires, but you can subsitute the 1 1/4″ pieces for maybe 1 3/4″ or 2″? to accommodate a MTB that has fatter tires, but I haven’t tried that out yet). Get 3/4″ PVC pipes, it comes in 5 and 10 ft pieces, but I used 5 footers which you will only need about 2 or 3 pieces to make this if you go with the 5ft PVC pipes.

Cut them into:
(5) – 1 1/4″
(4) – 7″
(2) – 12 1/2″
(2) – 22 3/4″
Also pick up some connectors:
(6) – 3/4″ 90 degree elbows
(6) – 3/4″ “Tee” pieces
Total cost: ~$7-8

a measuring tape, and what I found quick/precise is a pipe cutter, (I had a Rigid laying around) but you can use just a hacksaw.



and how it looks like with the addition of my Peugeot Fixie.

No comments:

Post a Comment